We bring you the best possible solutions for your company.


  • 0414 427 074



  • You can claim the cost of using a car you own when you
    • between separate jobs on the same day – for example,
    from your job as a paramedic to your second job as a
    first aid trainer
    • to and from an alternate workplace for the same
    employer on the same day – for example, travelling from
    your ambulance station to a meeting at head office.
    In limited circumstances you can claim the cost of trips
    between home and work, where you carry bulky tools or
    equipment for work. You can claim a deduction for the cost
    of these trips if:
    • the tools or equipment are essential to perform your
    employment duties the tools or equipment are bulky
    and you don’t carry them merely as a matter of choice
    • there is no secure storage for the items at the

  • You generally can’t claim the cost of trips between home
    and work, even if you live a long way from your usual
    workplace or work outside normal business hours – for
    example, weekend or early morning shifts.


  • You can claim travel expenses if you’re required to
    travel away from your home overnight in the course of
    performing your employment duties. Travel expenses can
    include expenses for meals, accommodation, fares and
    incidental expenses you incur.

  • You can’t claim a deduction if the travel is paid for, or you
    are reimbursed by your employer or another person.
    Receiving an allowance from your employer doesn’t
    automatically mean you can claim a deduction. You need
    to be able to show you were away overnight, you spent
    the money yourself, and the travel was directly related to
    earning your employment income.


You can only claim the work‑related part of expenses. You can’t claim
a deduction for any part of the expense that relates to personal use.

  • You must have a record to prove it

  • You must have spent the money yourself and weren’t reimbursed

  • It must be directly related to earning your income


  • You can claim the cost of buying, repairing or cleaning
    (laundering or dry cleaning) your paramedic uniform.

  • You can’t claim a deduction if your employer pays for or
    reimburses you for these expense.

  • You can’t claim the cost of buying or cleaning
    conventional clothing worn at work, even if you only wear
    it to work and your employer tells you to wear it – for
    example, a plain shirt you wear on the way to work before
    your shift starts.


  • You can claim the work-related portion of other
    expenses if they relate to your employment, including:
    • union and professional association fees
    • phone and internet costs, apportioned for private and
    work use, with records showing a detailed usage pattern
    • tools and equipment, such as a stethoscope or a pin
    • additional costs you incur to renew a special licence
    or condition on your licence in order to drive the
    ambulance vehicle – for example, a heavy vehicle permit.

  • You generally can’t claim a deduction for the cost of:
    • obtaining or renewing your driver’s license
    • attending social functions
    • haircuts or grooming
    • rent or other living expenses even
    if you are working at a different
    station or a remote location
    for an extended period,
    regardless of whether
    you receive an
    allowance from your

Get a personal consultation.

Other accountancy services.

Tax Services

"Maximize deductions, minimize liabilities with our expert tax services. Trust us for accurate, timely filing."


"Keep your financial records organized and accurate with our professional bookkeeping services. Trust us for reliable financial management."


"Ensure timely and accurate payroll processing with our comprehensive payroll services. Trust us to handle your payroll needs efficiently."